Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hail To The Redskins!

Tomorrow night could be my last football game at Hurricane High School for a long.........time. It's the last home game of 2010 season as the Redskins take on a 5-3 Logan team on Senior Night. If the 7-1 Skins win 1 of their last 2 they will get 1 home playoff game, if they win both they may get 2. The thing I know for sure I will be there tomorrow night soaking it all in, taking pictures for my new office in De Queen and talking to people that I may not see again on this side heaven. It may sound a little silly but it makes me a just a little sad. I'm more than a Redskin fan, I'm a REDSKIN. Just cut me, I bleed RED :)

I will sincerely miss Hurricane Football! Thanks to Direct TV I will not miss a Steelers game in De Queen. The Herd is on TV quite a bit anymore and I'll be able to see them play in person in Tulsa, Dallas, Memphis, New Orleans, and Houston. But the Redskins, that's another story. De Queen, Arkansas (The Leopards) have a great football tradition. In time I know I will enjoy watching the young people of my new church family play football, play in band or cheer on the sidelines but it will a long time before I get "On Wisconsin" out of head, and it will always be on my heart. GO SKINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment