Wednesday, October 20, 2010

From "Almost Heaven" to "Almost Oklahoma"

On August 29th, 2010 God's plan for our ministry took a giant step westward. The wonderful folks of De Queen, Arkansas gave Debi and I the ministry opportunty that we believe God had been preparing us take. The decision to leave a wonderful church family in Hurricane, West Virginia was not easy one, Debi and I prayed from the time we got back from the De Queen interview that God which give us clear direction if they offered us the position. He did more than that, He reafirms everyday that we are suppose to be in De Queen, the eveidence is everywhere and it just strenghtens our faith. While being away from Debi for a short time will be very hard for me I'm looking forward to getting De Queen to see what God has in store. I know it will be awesome, He has done so much already.

I jokingly tell people we are going from "Almost Heaven" (Country Roads) to "Almost Oklahoma" because De Queen is only 6 miles from the Oklahoma boarder but De Queen doesn't have to take a back seat to any place I have been, the town and surrounding area are gorgeous. They have 3 lakes within about 12 miles of each other that rival any lake in West Virginia but the very best thing De Queen Arkansas has going for it is the wonderful people. The Church in De Queen made Debi and I feel special from the moment we arrived and we quickly felt a sense of belonging and love that you don't find many places.

Is it going to be easy to leave Hurricane? Of course not! My parents, my family, my friends, my memories, my Herd and my Redskins, and for 6 months my wife! All here! When I get there Jim Gardner and his family will be the only folks I know within 250 miles at least at the start but I 100% know that right now God wants us in Arkansas. Writing the blog will have 2 purposes, it will be therapy for me as I go through this transition in God's plan and it will keep my friends and family updated on how I'm doing. I hope you enjoy reading my simple, random thoughts :)

1 comment:

  1. We are going to miss you guys so much...but we know GOD has a plan for you!

    Sandy and Johnny

    ReplyDelete