Monday, November 1, 2010

Just Call Me Barabbas

Yesterday I had the pleasure of having a small roll in Kanawha Valley Unity Worship Service at West Virginia State University. Cross Lanes, Hurricane, Griffithsville & Kanawha City Churches of Christ came together for the second time in 3 months to worship, fellowship and share the love of the Lord. Steve Fox, the minister at Kanawha City, gave a wonderful message about Barabbas and how every Christian on the planet could identify with him. It was an awesome Sunday!

Several years back the local singing group " Barnabas" sang a song that really resonated with people. The song was titled "Barabbas." And the chorus went something like this.... "Just call me Barabbas because He died instead of me." How true, I was sitting in a prison cell condemned to hell with no hope but Jesus took my place so I could be with Him in heaven forever. If that message doesn't spark unity nothing will.

Paul wrote in Ephesians 4 "be diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." That was a great message 2000 years ago, sounds like a better one in 2010. Maybe we took a baby step in that direction yesterday. I hope so, we should be the most unified people on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment