Saturday, October 23, 2010

I Love Watching October Baseball!

2010 AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS
For the first time since I was in 9th grade (1979) my team is in the World Series. Now I know some of you are saying you have a Rangers fan for 5 months! You're right, but I have 2 hats and 3 shirts that say I totally on board with the Rangers :) I have watched them every opportunity I have had since June and I love the brand of baseball they play, add to that there is a better ambassador for baseball than Nolan Ryan. I will be 3 hours from Arlington in a couple of months and the fact that it will give Jim and I something to do, cheer and talk about together and it seems like a perfect match.

I have given away most of my Buco stuff to Kevin with the exception of the Willie Stargell memorabilia. As big of a Young, Molina and O'Day fan as I have become it's hard to see anyone taking Pop's place as my favorite player. He is the reason I wore #8 for just about every uniform I ever had and like Ryan, Stargell was a wonderful ambassador for baseball. I'm afraid Pop's would not recognize what the Pirates if he were alive to today. I just couldn't to continue to care about a team that clearly no longer cared about it fans. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it and the main reason this October I've traded the Jolly Roger for Deer Antlers.

L E T S  G O  R A N G E R S !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment