Friday, January 28, 2011

Firsts Are The Same No Matter Where You Are

On Wednesday of this week I attended my first Arkansas funeral, not so different from West Virginia both happy and sad. The departed Sister’s hope was is in a better place than here and she had suffered greatly in her last days on this side of eternity. Van Ledbetter, the retired minister from our church family did the service and delivered many encouraging thoughts. I was taken back!
On Thursday WE (God, I and the church family) had the opportunity to baptize a new Brother in Christ. I say WE because while a got to “dunk” him this has been a conversion story that started long before I got here. This church family has been studying and praying with about and for this new Brother for years. Of course God started it all when He came to earth as Christ and died on the cross. I gotta tell yet though if you have never had the opportunity to baptize someone it is a feeling that no drug will touch.
Now it’s Friday and I’m getting set to play my first round of golf in Arkansas. Myself, Van (the former minister) and a couple of others are set to tee off in less than hour. Did I mention it’s going to be 68 degrees today J? I will let you know how it goes but Van is 76 years old and shot his age last summer, I’m probably in big trouble. I love you guys!
T

1 comment:

  1. I was right, the 3 numbers you need to know.
    Van shot a 82
    I shot a 97
    And it was 71 wonderful degrees

    ReplyDelete